Plastic bags, plastic boxes, and plastic straws bring a lot of convenience to humans, but behind the convenience are invisible hazards. These plastic products take a long time to decompose. Even if they disintegrate into microplastics, they will be eaten by fish or turtles in the ocean, and when humans eat fish, they will enter the human body. Plastic contains chemicals that are harmful to the human body, potentially carcinogenic, and can also damage the human body’s immunity.
Therefore, reducing or banning the use of plastic bags has become a global concern. What product can replace or reduce the use of plastic bags?
1. Use eco-friendly bags instead of plastic bags. In supermarket shopping, try to use eco-friendly bags. Although most eco-friendly bags are also made of plastic, multiple use of eco-friendly bags can reduce the use of disposable plastic bags.
2. Replace plastic containers with multiple-use containers. For example, Starbucks encourages consumers to bring their own cups to reduce the cost of coffee cups. This is also a good solution.
3. If you are in purchasing meat, fish, and other moisture-containing products, or when you throw out garbage daily, the above two options are not so convenient. At this time, the degradable bag is a good choice.
Let us know more about biodegradable plastic and biodegradable bags.
What is biodegradable material?
It means that organic components can be decomposed into carbon dioxide, water, or other non-toxic small molecules under the conditions of microorganisms (such as industrial composting).
What type of biodegradable material does Polyetech produce?
For the blow film grade material, we have 2 types of resin. One is starch-based PBAT resin, the other is CaCO3-based PBAT resin.
CACO3-BASED PBAT RESIN
STARCH-BASED PBAT RESIN
What's the difference between starch-based PBAT plastic and CaCO3-based PBAT plastic?
1. Calcium carbonate-based blown film has a wide processing temperature range(155-170℃), good mechanical properties, high density, poor antistatic, and transparency not as good as starch-based one. Suitable for garbage bags, shopping bags, express bags, etc.
2. Starch-based blown film has a small processing temperature range(145-160℃), high antistatic, low density, mechanical properties are poorer than CaCO3-based one. Suitable for garbage bags, shopping bags, dog poop bags, electronic product packaging bags, etc.
3. Bags of the same size and thickness, calcium carbonate-based PBAT plastic has a better weight capacity than starch-based PBAT plastic.
4. Even if the price of the starch-based biodegradable material is higher than CaCO3-based biodegradable material, but after making the biodegradable bags, the price cost is actually about the same. Because the density of starch-based one is smaller than CaCO3-based, so the number of bags produced by starch-based PBAT granular per kilogram is larger than CaCO3-based.
How do the biodegradable bags disintegrate?
The finished products made of biodegradable materials need to be industrially composted before they can be disintegrated.
Many people misunderstand industrial composting and household composting. In fact, the conditions of industrial composting are more demanding than household composting. Therefore, in the natural environment, because the conditions of industrial composting may not be reached, many people mistakenly believe that biodegradable bags are not degradable.
Therefore, hope readers can correctly understand biodegradable materials and biodegradable bags by reading this article and choosing a suitable solution to reduce the use of plastic products, protect our planet, and take the path of sustainable development.
If you want to know more about materials and finished products, please feel free to contact us!